Monday, April 4, 2011

Ding Ding Ding!! Stinking Hashimoto's Disease!

After weeks of research I went back to the nurse practitioner and asked her to please run some labs to see if I had TPO or Thyroid Peroxidase (Hashimoto's) antibodies and wouldn't you know it! Those darn little antibodies were attacking my thyroid! The normal TPO antibody range is under 60 mine were 602! I also tested positive for TgAb antibodies. They were slightly elevated 24.6(normal range is under 14)Finally I knew what was causing my thyroid to die! Now I needed to find a way to fight back!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Crystal,
    I've just come across your blog and trying to read through from the beginning. (Thanks for your blog, btw) Since it's going to take me a little time, could I jump ahead and ask a question? I have Hashimoto's but am not hypothyroid (yet). I didn't know that was possible. At any rate, have you discovered anything that can be done to feel better since the doctors won't put me on Synthroid or anything? Between this and fibromyalgia, I am literally dragging myself around every day!

    ReplyDelete